You have something to say — so say it! Make a difference for retailers throughout our industry by joining the GAMA Retail Division board. Announce your candidacy for a GRD Board position by posting a message on the Game Industry Network (GIN) discussion board by April 3, 2009.
Your post should include three things:
- a brief biography/resume
- your goals in serving on the Board
- your ideas for how the GRD can help its members’ businesses.
Each post will be its own thread, and other members should feel free to respond with questions to the candidates to help them with their decisions.
The deadline for declaring candidacy on the GIN will be Friday, April 3, 2009, so submit your information today!
See the complete rules and information about this year’s GRD election process here.
GAMA Retail Division Votes for Change in Election Rules
The GAMA Retail Division voted earlier this year to change their Election Guidelines to allow GRD members not attending the GAMA Trade Show (April 14-17, 2009, at Bally’s in Las Vegas) to participate in the election of Board Members. Part of the business of the new Board elected this year at GTS will include formalizing the system the GRD uses for that process, but we wanted to make sure that the mandate from the membership was not ignored for this year’s elections.
With the understanding that this year’s system is a temporary measure meant to address this need in short order, and will be formalized in the coming year for future elections, here’s the system we’re proposing for this year’s GRD Board Member elections.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelli Wallace, GRD Chair, at email@example.com. Continue reading
Expand your network of professional retailers and game industry experts through GAMA’s forums: the Game Industry Network and the GAMA Retail Division forum, both on Delphi Forums.
* The GAME INDUSTRY NETWORK (GIN) hosts an industry-only discussion on all aspects of games, from creation through sales. Game professionals use the forum to discuss issues, make announcements, look for and give advice, and more.
To join the conversation, send your request to Anthony Gallela (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the following:
* your first and last name
* preferred email address
* for retailers: name, location, and your title of your store
* for other industry pros: name of your company and your title
* The GAMA RETAIL DIVISION FORUM gives GRD members a place to discuss GAMA-related topics (the organization itself, things that members want GAMA to do, and such) with fellow members and GAMA staff.
To join the GRD forum, please send your contact information to Trey Reilly (email@example.com).